Thursday, October 21, 2010

Divorced

My lawyer called me earlier informing that as of today, I became part of one more statistics: I am divorced.


Only some little paperwork to do and everything is over and I can start a new ... whatever.


Things set as asked for, we share guard for the kids, kids registered and living with me, spend 1/2 the time with the mother that from now on uses again her maiden name. 


Funny, just today, a little after I received the message I met some old friend from school (on Facebook) - we haven't seen or talked for 30 years now, and when she asked how I was doing, I told her shortly what has happened all these years and well, my new status. Her question to me was odd: "Should I congratulate you for this now?" I didn't know.


All my life one of my dreams was to mary and live happily ever after till death breaks us apart. It took me almost 40 years to finally step in front of the alter and swear that this would be exactly what I would do, in good and in bad times, sickness or health, rich or poor, faithful ... ... 


Nine years later, it is over. 


I believe that there is no one else to blame than myself. I could have done more to maintain this marriage. I should have ... But I didn't.


No, I didn't cheat on her or she on me, we didn't break up in one of these crazy fights we so often see, we simply wore out our relationship. We simply grew apart.


Throughout my life I had many ups and downs, I've been shot at, I went to war, saw misery, got sick, had to do and went through things man shouldn't have to do or go through, but right now, this very moment, I feel as if this is the worst day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment