Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthday

Today is my soon-to-be ex-wife's birthday. For the first time in 10 years that I am not invited. My babies are there and I assume having a good time. And I, I am not sure what to think about it. Even more, I really don't know how to feel, just in case I have to feel something at all.


Anyway, it is a very strange situation and since it is less than a year since we broke up, I believe that I am not yet used to this new status. 


My friends say that I am lucky and that the chicks are out there just waiting for me and as soon I wave hands they will drop in like... don't know what. But, why don't I feel lucky? What if I think of all the good times we had in those past 10 years, and the 2 beautiful girls we had together? Them girls I see today suffering from this separation, even though they try to hide their feelings about it. Oh yes, they are slowly learning to take advantage of the situation, but how often, when I tuck them in at night, I hear them say "I miss mommy". Than I have to say "yes honey, I miss mom to".


Maybe it is because we actually didn't break up in one of these awful fights we so often see. We just sat and decided that it was time for change. Actually she decided that it was time for her to change. And what a change ...


Yes, you are right. I still love my wife and I miss her and I wish the very best for her now and in the future. I just hope that she is happy now, with her changes. And I, I will be happy to.



No comments:

Post a Comment