Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Resolution

As traditions tells us to, this year I promised myself that things will be different. I will be loyal to me and stick to whatever change I decide to make for this coming year. After all, this is what it is all about with these New Years Resolution stuff, isn't it?


Every year millions of people promise to themselves changes in their lives, just to forget about them in the very first days of the new year. I was wondering why and decided to look deeper into this story. What I came across was so simple, almost ridiculous.


People don't hold to their new years wishes because they don't know what to wish for and always go for the first thing that comes into their minds. And in general, as fast as it comes into the mind, it leaves...


So, here is the deal. I came up with a list of the most desirable wishes for New Year for you go go through now, so that you have time enough to give it some thoughts and actually make the change you picked happen! 


Here we go, have fun choosing and don't worry, you can thank me next year. Don't forget to tell me if it worked for you, OK!!!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!

  • Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
  • I will no longer waste my time relieving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future.
  • I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.
  • I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.
  • I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water.
  • Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing.
  • I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly....
  • I will try to figure out why I *really* need nine e-mail addresses.
  • I will stop sending e-mails to my wife (husband).
  • I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own.
  • I will stop sending e-mail, MSN, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
  • I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not a clock watcher.
  • I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.
  • I will think of a password other than "password."
  • I will not tell the same story at every get together.
  • I won't worry so much.
  • I will cut my hair.
  • I will grow my hair.
  • I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine - if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I'll tell him he stinks!
  • I will be more imaginative.
  • I will not hang around girls - they think you love them and that sucks.
  • I will not ring the stewardess button on airplanes just to get her phone number. 


And for those who are scared of making resolutions here are some resolutions they would actually be tempted to keep!! 


  • Spend more time watching TV / movies.
  • Chat more over phone / Internet.
  • Read less.
  • I want to gain weight. Put on at least 30 pounds.
  • Stop exercising. Waste of time.
  • Procrastinate more.
  • Drink. Drink some more.
  • Start being superstitious.
  • Spend more less time at work.
  • Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.
  • Take up a new habit: Maybe smoking!
  • Last but not least, I will use sunscreen...



No comments:

Post a Comment