Friday, August 27, 2010

To have a blog means that you have to maintain a blog





I think I have it figured out. The real deal about this blogging stuff is, that you actually blog.  So I have to show up here once in a while and give my best putting in words whatever goes trough my mind at this time. OK. But, what if, there is nothing going trough my mind? This is very tricky stuff here!
Luckily today I do have something to say. I believe. Right now I am at 10.000 feet above ground, sitting in an airplane on my way to some town south in Brazil I never in my live heard from before. It is called Toledo and you find it in the state of Parana. What brought me here? I’ll be on stage performing in a peace, together with my friends Raul Gazolla and Alex Rech.
Am I an actor? No! I am the producer of the peace, but since the “real” cast isn’t available they make me stand in. I did it already twice and both times we were close to disaster. Not because of me, I believe I came out just fine, but my dear friend Raul, the star of the peace, got so nervous about me screwing up, he almost suffered a heart attack. The picture shows me on stage with him on the last occasion of me standing in.
I started liking that “being on stage” think. The only reason I don’t do it more frequently is, because I am seriously concerned about the health of my friend. After all, he is in his fifties and I don’t want to be responsible for any, eh, damage.
Changing subjects, did you air travel recently? No! Well than pay attention to this one: you have to pay for your food and beverages now! Yes! I mean, no. I know somehow you always paid for it, but in the past you paid for in the price of your ticket. Now, you pay for the ticket and extra if you dare to eat something! How things change. In my younger days we were served on porcelain dishes, had real forks and knifes, not them plastic ones, and we were served real food. Up until a few months ago they served chocolate bars and now they want you to pay even for the peanuts. I am looking forward to live the day when the airlines remove the seats and we will all travel standing up, squeezed one to each other just like in the city buses. This is, were evolution takes us. Poor Darving.
About to go down now. Not sure if this is the right choice of words being were I am now, but anyway.

Seeya

No comments:

Post a Comment